|Affiliation||Riken Center for Sustainable Resource Science|
|Keyword||C-H bond activation, arene, base metal catalysis,|
|Institute||The Chemical Society of Japan; The Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan; The Japanese Society for Process Chemistry|
Our team is working on the development of new reactions based on two keywords: efficiency and sustainability. From the efficiency point of view, we aim at the development of direct and selective coupling of organic molecules without prefunctionalization with reactive groups. From the sustainability point of view, we are investigating Earth-abundant metals as catalysts or reagents.
The research project proposed here envisions a hybrid strategy for C–H functionalization of simple arenes by using a synergistic cooperation of two metal catalysts: one metal will activate an arene substrate, and then the other metal will efficiently and selectively cleave a C-H bond in the activated arene substrate.
- "Homocoupling-Free Iron-Catalysed Twofold C-H Activation/Cross-couplings of Aromatics via Transient Connection of Reactants"
Doba, T.; Matsubara, T.; Ilies, L.; *Shang, R.; *Nakamura, E.
Nat. Catal.,2019, 2, 400-406
- "Chromium(III)-Catalyzed C(sp2)–H Alkynylation, Allylation, and Naphthalenation of Secondary Amides with Trimethylaluminum as Base"
Chen, M.; Doba, T.; Sato, T.; Razumkov, H.; Ilies, L.; *Shang, R.; *Nakamura, E.
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2/18/2020, 142, 4883–4891
- "Iron-Catalyzed Synthesis of Indenones through Cyclization of Carboxamides with Alkynes"
*Laurean Ilies, Yasin Arslanoglu, Tatsuaki Matsubara, *Eiichi Nakamura
Asian J. Org. Chem.,2018, 7, 1327-1329
- "Silylation of Aryl Halides with Monoorganosilanes Activated by Lithium Alkoxide"
Takumi Yoshida, *Laurean Ilies, *Eiichi Nakamura
Org. Lett.,2018, 20, 2844–2847
- "Synthesis of Esomeprazole and Related Proton Pump Inhibitors through Iron-Catalyzed Enantioselective Sulfoxidation"
*Shigenobu Nishiguchi, Takuhiro Izumi, Takayoshi Kouno, Junpei Sukegawa, *Laurean Ilies, *Eiichi Nakamura
ACS Catal.,2018, 8, 9738−9743
- "Iron-Catalyzed Directed Alkylation of Carboxamides with Olefins via a Carbometalation Pathway"
*Laurean Ilies, Yi Zhou, Haotian Yang, Tatsuaki Matsubara, Rui Shang, *Eiichi Nakamura
ACS Catal.,2018, 8, 11478–11482
- 「Earth‐Abundant Metals in Catalysis」 *Ilies, L.; *Thomas, S. P.; *Tonks, I. A., Asian J. Org. Chem., 9, 324-325, 3/17/2020
- Nanyang Research Conference on Synthetic Chemistry and Catalysis
"C-H Activation with Earth-Abundant Metals", 招待講演
1/15/2020-1/17/2020, Nanyang Technical University (Singapore), Singapore
- The 13th International Conference on Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry in Asia (ICCEOCA-13)
"C-H Activation with Base Metals", 招待講演
11/1/2018-11/4/2018, Chulabhorn Research Institute (Bangkok), Thailand
- The 4th International Symposium on C-H Activation (ISCHA-4)
"Iron-Catalyzed C–H Bond Activation", 招待講演
8/30/2018-9/2/2019, Keio University (Hiyoshi), Japan
- The 1st Sino-Japanese Symposium on Catalysis for Precision Synthesis
"Iron Likes Single Electron Transfer", 招待講演
5/27/2018-5/30/2018, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (Shanghai), China
- 「Lectureship Award」
贈呈元：Asian CORE Program/Advanced Research Network